For the first time in owning your residential property or commercial space, you are tasked with the responsibility of getting a new floor coating installed. Hiring a professional to get the job done may seem like a daunting chore at first, but once you understand the basics, picking the right contractor for the job will be a much less stressful process. In this post, we will discuss five important questions you should always ask before hiring a floor coating installation company.
- What Flooring Systems do You Offer And Which do You Recommend For my Floor? The best floor coating installation companies will work with you to decide on the flooring system that is most suitable for your flooring needs and your budget. Initially, you may have an idea of what you want for your floor, but end up finding other options more appropriate. At the other end of the spectrum, you may not have any idea of which flooring system is right for your floor and will need to solicit the expert advice of professional contractors. Before hiring any company, ask them about their floor systems and ask for their suggestions. Reputable companies will be more than willing to help steer you in the right direction.
- Can I See Your Body of Work? Any reputable floor coating installation company will have a portfolio of their previous work readily available for you to view. When you get a chance to look over a company’s work before hiring them, you are not only getting an impression of what they can do for you, you can see that they have other clients who have trusted them with their flooring work. The company you choose to hire should already have photos of their finished work on their website or available for you to see somewhere else.
- Do You Have References? Similarly to checking out a company’s portfolio first, you want to get in contact with references before hiring any company. Knowing that previous clients are happy with the quality of work they received is one of the surest ways to know that you too will get quality work from the company. In addition to asking the company for references that you can speak to check out customer testimonials on their website, social media, on Google, and on other websites such as Yelp. If the overwhelming majority of them are positive, you can be confident you will get excellent floor coating installation services.
- What Equipment Will You Use? When a contractor is coming into your home or a commercial space that you own, you want to know they are bringing in high quality gear that will not only get your floor coating installation done the right way the first time, but also keep the rest of your property space. To do an installation job right, the contractor will need equipment such as chemical stripper solvents, floor grinders, and other professional tools. Something like acid etching is not appropriate for any job larger than a small DIY project.
- Will You Put That in Writing? You want several things in writing before hiring a company. That includes both a contract and the estimate they provide you. It is important to get the estimate in writing so that the company can’t try to get more money from you later down the road. Additionally, contracts are vital because relying a verbal agreement or handshake could lead to problems and even legal disputes later on. The best companies know the importance of putting everything in writing to protect their customers.
Looking for more advice on finding the right contractor for your floors? Contact us today!